Senior Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer will provide software solutions in an Agile environment. You will be part of a high-performing organization developing applications to support internal and external customers. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting Info-Pro’s mission. You will also be responsible for designing and implementing integrations between internal, client, and municipal solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with product owners, stakeholders, business analysts, project managers, and other development teams to define the requirements and to create quality code. These stakeholders will be a mix of internal, client, and external team members.
- Support on-time delivery of the agreed products
- Design and code software components, units, and modules that meet product specification and development schedules.
- Provide technical leadership and coach and mentor junior developers while ensuring that all testing and review activity is properly carried out.
- Analyze functional and system level user stories, tasks and issues and implement maintenance, rewritten and new features.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks with a wide degree of creativity and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Work with the developers and systems engineers to solve critical problems and identify efficiencies in implementing technical and functional requirements and tasks.
- Participate in meetings with product management and operations to review, elaborate, and document system requirements (including user interface, functional, and non-functional requirements).
- Assist with creating project resource estimates, metrics to track completion phase, defect reports, defect prevention, development efficiency and quality.
- Regularly researches and applied new technologies and methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related work experience
- Successful track record as a senior software engineer
- 8 years of experience with multiple software programming technologies including significant web-based application development experience, J2EE and related technologies
- 5 years of experience designing and implementing enterprise class web-based software solutions that are delivered to external customers
- 5+ years of experience with one or more object oriented programming languages
- 2 years related development experience in Agile team environment
- 2 years of experience with Amazon AWS
- Prior working experience leading teams using Agile methodology and working closely with product owners, stakeholders, and project managers
- Strong innovative and analytical ability with implementation experience as a results-oriented, collaborative self-starter who has the ability to move into a leadership position
- Experience with large scale software development projects
The Senior Software Architect must subscribe to a highly disciplined Agile-based and test-driven development methodology, be attentive to detail, and focused on delivery of highly reliable and available applications. Technologies involved include (but are not limited to—these are helpful, not required):
- PHP, Java, Python
- Symfony Framework, Doctrine, Twig
- Any modern RDBMS (MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Amazon Web Services
- Continuous Integration, Git, TeamCity, Unit and functional testing
- Working knowledge of Dev Ops, security, and networking